Since 1952, the St. Clair Little League movement has taken roots and grown in our community. In fifty-seven years of continuous growth, it has become a household word. Starting in 1952 with sixty boys the Little League mystique captured the imagination of children and their parents, moving rapidly ahead of expansion and yet able to sustain itself as a complete program. Today, there are almost seven hundred boys and girls in the program, which is made into nine leagues and fifty-three teams, playing at three different locations (Joseph B. Klecha Little League Park, St. Clair Middle School and St. Clair High School).
St. Clair Little League is the largest Little League in Michigan’s District 7 which consists of 18 different leagues in the Blue Water Area.
It has been a long time dream of St. Clair Little League to have one location that would support all age groups of Little League Baseball and Softball. In 2005 the City of St. Clair and St. Clair Little League purchase 52 acres on Fred Moore Hwy. We have begun the development of the 26-acres designated for ball fields.